Mafioso: A Text-Based RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Mafioso Will Be Administrated

Go down

How Mafioso Will Be Administrated Empty How Mafioso Will Be Administrated

Post by Admin Reed Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:16 pm

In order to make it easy for everyone, one real-life week will be one in-game day, with:

-3 real-life days acting as day and 4 acting as night
OR, during Daylight Savings Time
-4 real-life days acting as day and 3 acting as night

The first day will be January 1st, and will continue on from there. There will be seasonal weather that I will have randomized based on the outcome of a rolled 20-sided die, which leads me to my next topic:

How do you decide what actions pass?

Let's use an example: I am a Soldato with 2 Brawn, 1 Fleetness, 1 Marksmanship, and 1 Fortitude. I am trying to kill a rival Don on behalf of my Mafia family, making this a "hit" action. I am armed with a pocket knife, which means the hit will rely on my Brawn for multipliers. I have 2 Brawn (out of a maximum of 10), which gives me a +2 to the outcome of the rolled 20-sided die used for the action. I rolled a perfect 20, and with the +2, this makes it a critical success, instantly killing the Don and ignoring any saving Fortitude or Luck roll.

Basically, there are three categories of difficulty, each with a different die to be rolled:
Easy- One six-sided die
Medium- Two six-sided die, totaling 12
Hard- One twenty-sided die

So essentially, this operates much like Dungeons & Dragons, as far as actions go.

If you have any questions, post it in the "Ask an Admin" sub-forum, or P.M. myself or Admin Noah!

Thanks,
Admin Reed
Admin Reed
Admin Reed
Admin

https://mafioso.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down